This policy describes the ways we collect, store, use and protect your personal information. You accept this policy and consent to such collection, storage and use when you sign up for or use our products, services or any other feature, technologies or functionalities offered by us on our website or through any other means. We may amend this policy at any time by posting a revised version on our website. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it. In addition, if the revised version includes a substantial change, we will provide you with 30 days’ prior notice by posting notice of the change on our website. After this 30 days notice, you will be considered as having expressly consented to all amendments to this policy.
How we collect information about you
When you visit the Safari website, we collect your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website.
If you open an account, we collect the following types of information from you:
- Contact information - your name, address, phone, email, and other similar information.
- Financial information - credit card numbers that you link to your account or give us when you use the online Safari store.
Before permitting you to use our online store, we may require you to provide additional information we can use to verify your identity or address or manage risk, such as your date of birth. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
When you are using our online store, we collect information about your account transactions and your other activities on our website and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention purposes.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways from contacts with our customer support team, results when you respond to a survey.
When you access our website, we, or companies we hire to track how our website is used, may place small data files called "cookies" on your computer.
We send a "session cookie" to your computer when you log in to your account.This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don’t need to ask you for your password on each page. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
We also use longer-lasting cookies for other purposes such as to display your e-mail address on our sign-in form, so that you don't need to retype the e-mail address each time you log in to your account.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website. We may also collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk and for fraud prevention purposes.
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in Canada, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable law. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. To that end, we use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- customize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third-parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference.
How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you meet their criteria which includes having Safari close your Safari Account ).
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure
- we need to do so to comply with law or credit card rules
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country.
Safari will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.